Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Who is Committed to getting Healthy?

So who out there is really committed to getting healthy? I mean it! Really committed to getiing healthy? And what does it look like?

You know a few years ago I took a class on "Commitment" and the one thing that really stuck out on my mind was that people are always saying that they are committed to something when they are actually, deep down inside not committed to it. What I learned is that people have this undefined commitment. I'll give you an example. One may say I am commited to loosing a few pounds, right. But after a long day at work and feeling a bit tired they will come home, plop themselves on the couch and open a beer or have a bowl of ice cream and say well I deserve this treat, And although they do deserve something, what they are committed to is feeling good. There commitment is what their actions dictate. They are really committed to "Feeling Good" and that's fine but what one needs to do is to change their association to feeling good. Change your thought of "Feeling Good" to being in great shape and having the energy to working out every day or 3 times a week. Just change you association in your mind to "I deserve to feel good and exercising will make me feel good" . Just get there, get to the gym, work it out where whatever it takes, what ever you need to rearrange in your schedule you will do so that you get your exercise, you eat the correct meals and really look at what you are committed to.

In the mean time...be committed to your health and remember your actions will show what you are really committed too.

Namaste'
Doug
Post a Comment Below

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home