Monday, August 28, 2006

The Use of Herbs for Your Ailments

Well a week and a have ago I had the mis-fortune of getting food poisoning. And although I focus alot on staying healthy and eating heathy I guess I somehow wasn't paying as close attention as I should have.

I had bought a piece of tuna that looked pretty fresh and I really didn't look at the labeling that closely expect for the date and the date was well within the date to Sell by so I figured it was a good piece of fish.

I typically like my tuna pan seared, leaving the inside rear. So that's how I cooked it. That night I developed a little headache which should have been a sign that something was not right. This slight headache continued for two days, very rare for me, and then it hit. The achey body, that more intense headache, and low energy.

This is where I started realizing that I messed up. Although that date on the packaging for the fish was well within the expiration date, I forgot that when these
big fishing boats go out to sea that they can stay out there for up to two weeks. I did look at the label after the fact and noticed that the tuna was from the Phillipines...and I am in Arizona...so it was out of the water for sometime. Two plus weeks. So it's no wonder that I got ill from not fully cooking this fish. I also realized that to just pan sear a piece of tuna is should be sushi grade. Sushi grade is a better part of the fish and is caught differently. The boats that catch the sushi grade tuna are not out at sea near a long so the fish is much fresher.

So either way I messed up. So I'd have to go through the process of having my body process these poisons out of my system. You see when you get food poisoning your entire body suffers and these poisons actually get into your blood. This time around I did not experience the vomiting that is typically associated with food poisoning but it was more of a blood thing and aches and pains.

Although the symptoms lasted for a couple of days and the body pains went away I was experiencing continual headaches. This was not going to work for me and I had to find out what was the cause of this. Something intuitively told me that it was my blood and that I still had toxins in my blood. I know that there are herbs that are used to help clean the blood. So I decided to look a little deeper to find the specific herbs to help remove the toxins from my blood and detox my systems.

As many may or may not know herbs have been used for thousands of years as medicines way before the pharmaceutical industry took over as a big business, herbs were perscibed and used to treat many aliments and with very good results. People should also realize that they are a more holistic way to treat the body and do it in a more natural way. Also realize that herbs need to be taken as perscribe and that one can over dose on herbs so it's always best to use as perscribed.

So Back to the herbs that were going to clean my blood. I found throught my more specific research that herbs such as Burdock Root, Dandelion Root, Echinecea, Red Clover Blossom, Devel Claw, Chaparral Leaves, Sasaparilla, Yellowdock and Kelp all helped to purify the blood and regulate the cell count. I also added Pomagranate extract and Pomergranate juice and "ba-da-bing ba-da boom" the heachache are gone in a couple of days and I'm back to feeling great again. BTW the "Ba-da-ding" is a New York techinical term for real quick. So I'm good. Just want you to keep in mind that you don't always have to pop an pharceutical pill everytime you are not feeling good but you can rely on more natural source like herbs to find alternative cures to what may be ailing you
Post a Comment Below

2 Comments:

Blogger Seasoned & Stirred said...

Hi Doug, glad you are feeling better. You're right about a couple of things in your post. You have to be very careful when you purchase fresh meat, fish and vegetables. Even if the "sell by" date on the package was good you still run the risk of contamination if the products aren't handled correctly before they are packaged.

Also, in addition to the herbs you mentioned in the post, ginger, milk thistle, scullcap and blue vervain are great detox herbs.

Namaste, Linsey

September 02, 2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger Seasoned & Stirred said...

p.s. I hope you don't mind but I like the way you think and the contents of your blog so I put a link on my blog to your blog.

September 02, 2006 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home